Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Sunday, December 31, 2017

KISS 2017 GOODBYE with...The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand!

Hi there!
Welcome back to the ACTUAL REAL LIFE FINAL POST OF 2017 here at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers.

Image result for goodbye 2017

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself!
One more review to get out there into the great big bloggy world as we kiss another year goodbye and welcome the next with open arms...and hopefully enough room on our shelves to house ALL THE AWESOMENESS that is to come.
*peeks at shelves*
Yeah, I might need to clean some out...or get another bookcase.  Yeah, that'd be MUCH easier.  ^-^

So, my FINAL SELECTION for the year 2017 is a Young Adult title that released October of this year and while it fits in favorably with the seasonal reading titles we gravitate towards this time of year, it would definitely work in the "off season" as well.  Don't believe me?  Well thanks...you don't even know what title I'm talking about yet!  I promise, I'll keep it short and to the point because I know you're all UBER busy with countdown, ball drops, and what not. So, let's get to the proper introduction to today's title on deck...



by
Cynthia Hand
9780062318503
Harper TEEN

About the book...
On Christmas Eve five years ago, seventeen-year-old Holly Chase was visited by three Ghosts who showed her how selfish and spoiled she’d become. They tried to convince her to mend her ways. She didn’t. And then she died.

Now she’s stuck working for the top-secret company Project Scrooge—as their latest Ghost of Christmas Past. So far, Holly’s afterlife has been miserable. But this year’s Scrooge is different. This year’s Scrooge might change everything…




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Image result for christmas top hat

Sort of a unique mixture of A CHRISTMAS CAROL and IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE...with satisfying results.  Full disclosure, I did not see that ending coming! Took me by surprise much like that hammer on Lexington.  (Inside joke...sort of.) Was it good? Yes...but oh so curious because I could tell there was SOMETHING ELSE going on at times, but WHAT IT WAS was kept hush hush for certain.  Yep, Fort Knox could only hope to keep a secret as well.  I adored the crazy impulsive intro Holly, or excuse me...Victoria...makes of herself to a particular Scrooge...it was definitely cute and funny...and how the connection-that-shouldn't-be-there-but-is-now plays out, at least until it doesn't.  I was down in the mouth when it turned south, but suffice it to say that surprise ending saved me from falling to pieces.

So, in a nutshell...if you're a YA fan, have somewhat of a notion of the goings on in A Christmas Carol, and would love the chance to see it all in action, PICK UP THIS BOOK.
Sound good?  Good.

Now, go have a happy new year's eve...I'll see you next year! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Image result for hello 2018

Special thanks to the HarperCollins Publishing team for the copy for review.  (THANKS!)  For more information on this title, or the publisher, feel free to click through the links provided above.  This title is available now, so be on the lookout for it on a bookstore shelf or virtual retailer of your choosing.

Until next year, remember...if it looks good, READ IT!



No comments:

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader